Going to University or moving into a house in your 2nd year for the first time can be a daunting experience. So we’ve created a great prize consisting of a pan set, a wok, a juicer, utensils and a toastie maker to help you settle in. To win simply like the following Facebook post: http://on.fb.me/1OaN0Bc .
On top of the giveaway pack which should help you settle in, we’ve prepared a few thoughts on our top tips for settling in quick:
Sign up to something new
Whether you’re going to university for the 1st time or returning for another year of fun filled madness there is no excuse to try something new. We’re not advocating signing up to every society or club that begs you to join at fresher’s fair but giving something new a go might just be the best decision you’ve ever made. It will help get you out of your comfort zone, meet new people and you might end up with a love for something you never imagined you would.
Leave your door open
This one applies mainly to those going into halls for the first time. Walking into the communal kitchen/living room in university halls for the first time can be extremely daunting. The best thing you can do is leave your door open, especially during the first few days. It will make you approachable and show others you’re up for making friends. If you’re a confident person go knock on your neighbours’ door and say hi! It could be the moment you meet your new best friend or it might not! However one things for certain you won’t know if you don’t try!
Learn a few recipes
There is only so many times you can eat pasta, beans on toast and microwave meals. Learning a few recipes might be the best thing you do trust us. Especially as we’re giving away a starter kit! They don’t have to be anything fancy or extravagant but having a few dishes in your arsenal before you depart will serve you well. You can pick up quick, cheap and simple student cookbooks for a couple of quid on sites like Amazon.
Freebies – Student websites
Whether your 1st or 3rd year it’s well worth going down to the student fairs even if it’s just to grab a load of freebies. Whether it’s free pens, free pizza or cheap club entries you’re bound to leave the fair full and with enough stationary to last you to your second term. It’s also worth checking out websites like studentbeans.com, they constantly have offers, freebies and information available and if you are willing to put a bit of time in you’ll mange to get some great deals.
You’re unlikely to ever have so much free time and once you graduate midweek nights out soon become a thing of the past. Make the most of your time at university this semester whether you’re in your first or your last year!
Terms & Conditions
- The promotion is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Isle of Man and Channel Islands only, excluding employees of the Assurant Direct Limited (the “Promoter”) and their immediate families, agencies of the Promoter, and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- This promotion is only open to individuals aged 18 years or over on date of promotion entry.
- The promotion begins at 15.00 on 3rd September 2015 and closes at 11.59 on Monday 7th September 2015 British Summer Time (BST). Any entry received after the closing date and time will not be valid. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants must have access to the internet, an email address and a Facebook account
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter this promotion. A maximum of one entry per person is allowed and a maximum of one prize may be won per household.
How to Enter
- To enter this promotion, visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ProtectYourBubble, like the post that includes the hashtag #PYBUniGiveaway
- Liking of any other post during the date range specified above that does not count as an entry
Entrants must not attempt to enter the promotion using multiple accounts and entrants found to be doing so will be ineligible to participate in the promotion.
- There is one winner. The prize is an Off to University kitchen kit worth over £40.00. Including 1 x 16cm Saucepan, 1 x 18cm Saucepan, 1 x 20cm Saucepan, 1 x Compact grill (22 x 24.5 x 11.5 cm ) , 1 x 27 cm Non-stick Steel Wok, 1 x Juicer, 1 x Slotted spoon cooking utensil and 1 x solid spoon cooking utensil
- Cost of shipping is included in the prize. Any redelivery requirements where a user has not been available to receive their delivery that requires an additional costs is the winner’s responsibility. The winner is responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize.
- The prize is not transferable, cannot be exchanged and has no cash value. It cannot be redeemed by the winner for cash or any other prize. The prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
Winner Selection and Notification
- The winner will be randomly selected on 8th of September by the Promoter from all of the valid entries submitted during the promotional period in accordance with these terms and conditions
- The Promoter will contact the winner within one week of 8th September via private message on Facebook. Prize will be posted to the address provided by the winner within 7 working days of the winner claiming. In all matters, the random selection made by the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The winner is required to respond to the private message notification within 7 days in order to claim the prize. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited and another winner will be selected.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to provision of incorrect contact details by entrants. Any prize that is returned undelivered will be assumed unwanted and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner to receive the prize using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to ask for evidence of identity and address of the prize winner.
- By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Losing entries will not receive any notification.
- The Facebook name and county of residence of the prize winner will be available upon request by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to; Off to University Competition, Protect Your Bubble, Assurant House, 6-12 Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1EN after 22nd November 2015
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- By entering, entrants and winners (as applicable) grant Promoter, and their licensees, successors and assigns, the assignable, perpetual, worldwide, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use their entry for this Promotion, including the names and likenesses of any persons embodied therein, in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and on Promoter social media sites, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Promoter, all without further consent from or notice or payment to entrant or winner(s). Promoter is under no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
- Nothing in these terms shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence or any other liability which may not be excluded by law. The Promoter excludes all other liability to the extent permitted by law and in particular without limitation to the foregoing, the Promoter shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss nor for loss arising out of matters outside of its control nor for entries lost, delayed or undelivered, nor any liability for technical errors or communication failures in networks and/or internet access.
- By participating, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Promoter and Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or any Promotion -related activity, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or Promoter’s use of the rights granted herein.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to modify, discontinue (temporary or permanently) this promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants to this promotion hereby release Facebook from any claim or liability suffered in connection with this promotion
- This promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Promoter – Assurant Direct Limited trading as Protect Your Bubble, whose registered office is Assurant House, 6-12 Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1EN and whose registered number is 5399683.